Polish Transplant Coordinating Centre “Poltransplant” is a budget funded unit of Polish Ministry of Health founded on 14th of June’ 1996 by the Decree of Minister of Health. Poltransplant activities are nationwide. Poltransplant is under the authority and supervision of Polish Ministry of Health.
Poltransplant objectives are described in Article 38 sec. 3 of the Act of July 1, 2005 on the collection, storage and transplantation of cells, tissues and organs;
The tasks of "Poltransplant", according to the Transplantation Act of 2005 include, in particular:
- Coordination of recovery and transplantation of cells, tissues and organs on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- Keeping the Central Register of Objections;
- Keeping the National Waiting List for Transplantation;
- Keeping the Register of Transplantations;
- Keeping the Register of Living Donors;
- Keeping the Register of Bone Marrow and Cord Blood;
- Coordination of searches for non-related donors of bone marrow and cord blood with a preliminary search in the Register of Bone Marrow and Cord Blood;
- Educational activities aimed at disseminating the treatment with the method of cell, tissue and organ transplantation;
- Cooperation with other domestic and foreign entities in the field of cell, tissue and organ exchange for transplantations;
- Transplant coordinators training
The "Poltransplant is managed by a director appointed and dismissed by the minister competent to do with health matters after consulting the National Transplantation Council.
Organizational structure and a detailed range of tasks of Poltransplant are determined in its statute.
Poltransplant address is:
Centrum Organizacyjno-Koordynacyjne ds. Transplantacji “Poltransplant”
02-001 WARSZAWA, AL. JEROZOLIMSKIE 87, POLSKA
Phone: (+48 ) 22 621 22 40; (+48) 22 621 49 50
Secretariat: phone (+48) 22 622 58 06,
fax (+48) 22 622 32 43
Organ Transplant Coordinator:
tel. (+48) 22 622 88 78,
fax (+48) 22 627 07 49